Sunday, September 5, 2010

Summer Time Reflections

Howdy Art Lovers!

Wowza! What a summer it’s been! One of the highlights was visiting “O’Keefe Country" in Northwestern New Mexico in August. I toured artist Georgia O’Keeffe’s home in Abiquiu, hiked the desert that inspired many of her paintings in Ghost Ranch, and caught her current exhibit “Abstractions” at the Georgia O’Keeffe museum in Santa Fe.

Reflections in Ghost Ranch, New Mexico

Ghost Ranch and Pedernal Mountain, as seen from Ghost Ranch, New Mexico

I’m a published author! My essay, “I Find Myself Painting,” was published in the anthology, Speaking Your Truth: Inspiring Stories by Courageous Women. Two days after I returned from New Mexico the book launched on amazon. We ranked #1 in Movers & Shakers, #3 in the Self-Help/Motivational category, and 79 out of 137,568 the first day! Purchase Speaking Your Truth at http://amzn.to/ceyi6k.

Speaking Your Truth:
Courageous Stories from Inspiring Women

Please join me for the Speaking Your Truth book launch party on Tuesday, September 14 at the Cork Wine House in Denver from 6-10p. In addition to signing copies of this inspiring anthology, I’ll be displaying my latest painting from the new series I’m working on for my solo art show this November at Strings restaurant in Denver. Get a “sneak peek” at the new direction my art work is taking.

I wrapped up August showing two of my paintings – “Jubilee” and “Serenity Washes Over Me” – at Art Farm 2010. It’s an outdoor art show and garden gala organized and curated each year by fellow Denver Artist Eric Matelski. Proceeds from Art Farm benefit the Denver Urban Gardens.

Art Farm 2010

Marcella with "Jubliee" and "Serenity Washes Over Me"

This week I’m hanging the “It’s Not Black & White” art show at Miners Alley Playhouse in Golden. The exhibition will be on display in the Playhouse lobby during the six-week run of the play "ART," winner of the 1998 Tony Award for Best Play. The opening Artist Reception is Saturday, September 11 from 5-7 pm, followed by a 7:30 pm performance of “ART.” The art show is free and open to the public. Tickets for the play can be purchased in advanced at http://www.minersalley.com/BoxOffice.shtml. The play contains mature themes and adult language.

See my painting, “Pieces of Me, Pieces of You,” at Mile Hi Church in Lakewood, Colorado in the sanctuary lobby on Sundays between 7:30 am and 1:30 pm through October 10.

Keep following your bliss! The rest will follow.

Peace, Love and Art,
Marcella

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on all the good things happening...nice to see that Art Farm wasn't a rain fest this year. :)

    ReplyDelete