Monday, March 29, 2010

The Artist's Way - Week Eleven

Eleven weeks, and eleven chapters, into Julia Cameron’s book The Artist’s Way and never have I felt more creatively blocked. I’m on deadline to post this blog and finish a painting for an upcoming group art show and I don’t feel inspired to complete either. I feel like I’m running on empty.


I’m blaming my lack of inspiration on the sore throat I’ve been trying to sooth all day. But that doesn’t explain my lack of productivity this past weekend. That is, if you call grocery shopping, washing, drying and folding three loads of laundry, preparing meals, and attending a women’s self defense class as unproductive. What I mean is, I didn’t get any writing or painting done this weekend, so despite my busyness, I don’t feel like I have anything to show for it.


My apologies, dear readers, that I don’t have any insights or inspiration to share this week about The Artist’s Way. But I can’t force it, despite how much I have tried. It seems working full-time AND being a full-time artist has taken its toll on me.

Please check back next week as I finish Julia Cameron’s 12-week course outlined in her book The Artist’s Way and reflect on the progress I’ve made these past three months unblocking my creativity – despite this week’s minor set back.

The women’s self defense class I took this weekend was taught by my friend and 1st Degree Black Belt Melissa Barrow, along with 7th Degree Black Belt Master John W. Rankin, and instructors from the Mountain Academy of Martial Arts. For more information about their school please visit http://www.mountainacademyofmartialarts.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment