Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The World Needs Your Creative Ideas

In addition to discussing chapter 5, “Recovering A Sense of Possibility,” in Julia Cameron’s classic book, The Artist’s Way, this week I announce exciting news about the advancement of my art career since my last vlog post just two weeks ago! And, I reveal the gritty truth about what lead me onto a creative path. That part has not been a secret. But I’ve been keeping the announcement under my hat for two weeks so I’ve been bursting at the seams to share my exciting news with you. So please watch!

Following are pictures of the recycled flowers I created for the Recycled Art and Vivid Colors show at 40 West Arts in Lakewood. The flowers in this series are made from buttons, corrugated cardboard, egg carton, envelope, foreign language book, gift wrap, paper towel used to clean paint brushes, plastic food packaging, plastic shopping bag, and Styrofoam. Oh, and they DID get accepted into the juried June show! :)
"Recycled Flower 1." Mixed media on wood.

"Recycled Flower 2." Mixed media on wood.
"Recycled Flower 3." Mixed media on wood.

And, in case you missed it in the video, my reflection, "Feel It To Heal It," was published in the June 2013 issue of Creative Thought magazine. The little girl on the cover is a perfect reflection of my inner child! She's even at the ocean, where I will live someday... 
 
As for the top secret announcement... Well, you'll just have to watch the video to find out! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment